My experience with the Art of Living


Every fruit in the fruit basket tastes different. If you do not experience all the flavors, how can you choose your favorite fruit? You cannot leave trying a fruit, influenced by others' tastes and wishes. In the same way, I was one of many who judged spiritualism all my life, until I stumbled upon an opportunity to experience it myself. I have begun my spiritual journey on Feb 1, 2019, with so much reluctance. In respect to my idle days, I chose this path I am thankful for it. I want to share this today because there are so many people, teenagers, youth, parents, relatives, friends who do not know the importance of mental peace and make fun of these meditation start-ups. Mind peace can make you great, help you out of depression and negative emotions, help you succeed in any relationship, helps you carry a smile in every grave situation, gives you a clear mind and helps you love everything.  I have attended the Happiness Program of the great institution " The Art of Living". This is a three-day program.  The first day, we got to know the basics of energy. We had team activities where we could understand the importance of participation and got comfortable with each person there, irrespective of the age. One of my favorite activities was “Greeting everybody”. You go greet everybody looking into their eyes by saying, “Namaste. This is Amrutha. I belong to you. Sanga Chatvam.” Funny I felt at first. But as I proceeded, I understood the motive behind that action. Very few people try something new and bring that novelty to understandable terms in their life. Then we learned the pranayama, the most famous Breathing technique. The first day went well. I still did not know why this program was so special and is suggested by so many people. Will it really leave me happy at the end of the third day? Many questions. But it ended in a peaceful way and that's what I vouched for at the end of the first day. On the second day, there was a session on Sudharshan Kriya, the soul of this association. The Art of Living Association circulates on the purpose of spreading the process of Sudarshan Kriya. It was simply great. Did any of you realize that breathing is itself a very tough job? You would in Sudharshan Kriya. But once you finish the kriya, you feel calm and numb. I felt blank. I have never experienced such a feeling in my life. Feeling blank? Oh my god, That’s where the fun begins, when you experience the mind numbness. It is not exaggeration but reality. I was happy and went back home smiling. I had a really good sleep in a long time. On the third day, it was the completion of the entire process of meditation by combining the first- and second-day breathing techniques. Heavenly, I can say. I believe in whatever they taught us. I could gain my lost peace from this technique. I felt so light suddenly that I was flying in the air with optimism and gratitude. Another favorite activity of mine was when we stare into the eyes of any chosen person, feel her/him physically, their pain and emotions and slowly connect with them mentally assuring them with our presence. Our eyes could see through and communicate with the inner self of the opposite person. It is not an easy activity, as people start showing their emotions abundantly. Few of them from our session started weeping so badly and few of them tend to laughter.  There was a small briefing about the promoter, the divine Shri Shri Ravi Shankar and about the beginning of this association. Inspiring, soothing and empathetic. I thank my teachers Harish Garu and Sankalp Garu to give me such experience in life which paves the way to begin my journey of a non-chaotic life. Today I am reliving the moments of this life-changing experience while writing this article. If three days could bring me so much contentment to my mind, I would need it every day and always. Consequently, I am proud to be in the process of practicing Sudarshan Kriya every day and carry this peace with me no matter. I understood why this program has gotten so much popularity and why spreading it can help save lives. I suggest and request everyone out there to go to attend this program. Feel free to dislike the program but do not just skip it assuming it wouldn't help.

"Noone wishes to have dark days, sleepless nights, grumpy mornings and this never-ending grief. "

Comments

  1. Wowwwww, It is amazing :))

    Welcome to the journey of Happiness, I wish you grow in leaps and bounds in this journey.
    feeling so lucky to have a student like you :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Amrutha. Beautifully written. Happy to know that u found the only right way to have a wonderful life . 💐

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Norwegian Wood

PSEPHOLOGY

TOURING AROUND THE CIVIL AVIATION MINISTRY!